Sunday, August 16, 2009

Step It Up

I was soooo productive yesterday! Seriously. Here's what I did:
-worked out
-went to Target
-went to Whole Foods
-vacuumed
-rearranged some things in my apartment (makes it fit so much better!)
-cleaned the kitchen and bathroom
-laundry
-wrote 2 reports
-wrote 4 sets of goals

Whew! Because of my productivity, I decided that today was my day to relax and do what I want. I thought I would go to a movie, but I really don't feel like leaving my house at this time so I may just watch a movie on my couch! Anyway, this morning after I went to the gym, I thought that I should probably take some pictures of my neighborhood. It's a super cute neighborhood, with tons of row houses and trees and restaurants. Even though it's adorable, I wasn't really into anything I was seeing.

Then I found this:
Most of the row houses have steps leading up to them. LP likes the houses with the steps because he says you can sit outside on them and watch people. Anyway, when I saw these steps, I thought about how there are so many different kinds of steps on these houses. Wrought iron, concrete, wood, whatever. I thought I'd start taking pictures of some of the different kinds of steps, just so I can see how they vary. So, enjoy!
The slanty-ramp-steps on this one are definitely unique. I haven't seen a ramp before!

Three steps- now, what is the point of these?











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite parts of living in DC was sitting on the stoop and people watching. I love re-living my first moments in the city thru your eyes. :)