Sunday, February 15, 2009

First things first

YAY. Just got back from visiting my honey in DC. It was so much fun! I mean, we didn't really go out or anything, but we just had a blast finding things to do in the city and exploring. Before I get into that, I don't think I mentioned the lobster dinner we had before LP left. We go to his dad's house because he had to pick up his bed and stuff before he left. His sister had gotten his dad a gift certificate for fresh lobster for Christmas. Apparently, you call them and theysend you the lobster packed in ice and still ALIVE on the day you want it. Crazy, right? Anyway, his dad used to own/run a restaurant so decided he wanted to cook us these lobsters. When we get there, I see this ice chest and we figure it's our lobsters. I (of course) cannot wait to see live lobsters so we open them. They are all crawling around and stuff in there, claws banded together, bodies trying to crawl up the side of the ice chest. It was so crazy! The lobsters are all creepy and crawly and freaking me out just a little bit, so LP's dad boils them! And, they're dead. That's the end of the poor lobsters. Sad. I'll write more about my trip tomorrow.

No comments: