Monday, February 16, 2009

Abe gets a shout out

I went to DC this weekend to visit LP. We had so much fun! He picked me up from the airport (hooray for the car he had to drive up there!) and we went and ate dinner. Um, it was COLD outside! I had to say that because when we got back to his place, I was getting sleepy already. So what do we decide to do? Take a bath in his HUMONGO bathtub and drink wine. Let me say, this absolutely does not help when you are sleepy. In fact, I think I almost drowned in the tub, like one of those statistics you always hear about. Since I fell asleep so early, we got up super early too and decided to grab some breakfast at this market I had heard about. It was so yummy! I had these things called "Blue Bucks" which are blueberry buckwheat pancakes and I topped mine off with some extra blueberies. AAAAAGGGGGHHHH, it was so good. Plus, we got a crab cake to go along with our breakfast. Also quite tasty. From there, we walked around Capital Hill. We passed the Supreme Court (which has an awesome door), then to the Capital, down the mall and went into the National Museum of American History. Pretty cool, minus the ridiculous lines that were at all the cool exhibits. I can't wait to go back during the week when I don't have to work because hopefully there won't be as many lines to wait in at the museums. Oh well. After the museum, we walked down to the Washington Memorial. I had no clue how tall it really was! Pretty impressive. From there we went to the WWII Memorial and then to see good old Abe! He's so cranky looking and formidable, I absolutely love that statue! Abe, sitting in his chair, looking down on everyone and you just expect him to wag his finger at people telling them what's up. Or, that's how I imagine it, at least. Anyway, after that we grabbed some soup and stumbled on the Human Rights Campaign where we met the most delightful gay man. (Side note to Eric: when I described you as an asshole, he said he would probably fall in love with you). Got something for Eric and grabbed a cupcake downstairs (yes, there was a cupcake bakery downstairs) and headed back to LP's. We hung out for a bit and then decided to get dressed and go to dinner. Now, since this was Valentine's Day, we decided to celebrate our way. One of our favorite places to eat in London was this place called Nando's. It's a chicken place and it is sooooooooooo good! It's like spicy rotisserie chicken that is so good I can't hardly stand it. Instead of going somewhere fancy, we went to get some chicken. Well, it was PACKED! Damn! I thought for sure that we would be the only ones to want some chicken on V-Day, but I was apparently wrong. So, eat some chicken and then go grab a few drinks and then to chill at LP's again. Sunday morning we get up and go to this diner we'd heard about. It was good but the best part was that when we were sitting there, I told LP I wanted to be friends with the diner people. He said that it would take a while but when I went up to break my bill I started talking to a cute old man at the counter named Sheldon. He then introduced me to Bill and Cindy, the owners of the diner and they just HAPPENED to have a child who needed speech!!! So, we talk for a while and they are so nice and invite us to come back anytime. It was just what I had wanted!! A diner family! Then LP and I hung out and I left and boooo. I cannot wait to go back and move there!!!

No comments: