Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chicken little

I'm seriously not good at cooking. I would lovenothing more in the world than to be an awesome cook, whipping up delicious meals from scratch and serving them piping hot. But I am not. Wait- I take that back. I can make some really great side dishes and bake the poo out of some desserts but when it comes to cooking meat, I suck. I can do ground meat and make some mean tacos. Chicken? Steak? Probably pork? (I don't know about the pork. I've never really tried it.) What is my deal?!?!? I need to get it together. Tonight, I made some chicken. It sucked. It was kind of tough and lacking flavor. Thank the Lord that I made some delicious rice that I stirred it in because that was the only thing that saved the poor chicken. Ugh. It's such a pain! Girls are supposed to be able to cook, but not this girl. I make a really great salad, appetizer, dessert, everything but when it comes to the main part I just spaz out and make some mediocore meat. It probably doesn't help that I really dislike touching raw meat and I can barely handle it without gagging. Maybe I need to take a cooking class. That could be my thing - cooking class lady. We'll see.

No comments: