Sunday, August 24, 2008

Olympic musings

As the Olympics come to an end, I will finally get my life back. It's a little bittersweet (I mean, what will I watch without badmiton and diving?????) but as the end draws near, I have been thinking about these Olympics and thought you guys may want to know what I think about them:
1. Michael Phelps- no brainer, I wouldn't mention it but duh! He WAS Beijing.
2. Those Chinese gymnasts- geez, they're tiny. Although, I think that if our girls hadn't been 2nd, we wouldn't have given a flying flip if they were 10 or 20. Plenty of gymnasts have admitted to being underage in the Olympics and we never cared. Because they lost and we won.
3. Decathalon- ok, now I was definitely not understanding this event. I thought it was for people who were just kind of good in a bunch of track events but not good enough to do one really well and that it was one event a day (so 10 days). Uh, wrong. 2 days to do 10 events? What the frecnh toast???? That doesn't even seem possible. How does your body do that? These guys are badass.
4. Lolo- that hurdler girl? She's hot. I'm so jealous and have made her my secret friend.
5. Bolt- fast. The end.
6. The marathon- could any event wear me out any more? God, I get worn out just watching these people. And I'm surprised at how much coverage it gets. Does anyone really want to watch girls/dudes run - FOR HOURS?!?!? B-O-R-I-N-G.
7. Diving- nothing makes me more nervous. Everytime they jump off I'm so afraid they will hit their little heads and get knocked out. My stomach hurts from it and I've chewed off my nails because of it. Damn you, diving!! Oh, and are they all gay?
8. The number 8- I never knew it was a significant number until this year. Thank you China for making me aware of the number 8.

So tomorrow will be a bit of a withdrawl for me with no Olympic sports to watch, but I suppose I'll make it through. At least I'll have my Intervention.

No comments: