Friday, August 22, 2008

It's batty!

I'm slightly psychotic at times about working out. This has led to many nicknames-gym bunny, gym tranny, crazy, meathead, etc. I get it, I get it, I'm a bit overzealous about hitting the weights and pounding the pavement but in my defense, it keeps me sane. So anyway, I'm a fitness psycho and got up at 4:45 to work out the other morning. I live in a building where I park in a parking garage. Nice. I step into the parking garage and something swoops past my head. Wha? Huh? I'm thinking- wow, it's early and there must be a crazy bird following me, why is it in here, why is it so feisty this early, etc. I start walking and -WHOOSH- again something swoops past. Ok, what the hell? Seriously, I know that the birds and I have a mutual hate relationship but this is getting a little out of hand. Nothings should be swooping past my head this early. So I stop and take a look. WHOOSH. Something flies past but this time I get a good look at it and it's a BAT! Ahhhhh!!! A little brown baby bat! What the heck is a bat doing in my building's garage, swooping around, frightening little workout freaks? Well this thing just keeps swooping, back and forth, back and forth and of course it's doing this in the path of my car. I'm thinking up plans of how to get to my car without this freaking bat swooping on me, flying into my hair, sucking my blood (ok, that's a little overdramatic but you know you'd be thinking that!). What is the option I come up with? Run, screaming and covering my ears all the way to my car. Where I dropped the keys. If someone would have seen me, they would have died laughing. I mean, I don't think it's funny but I could definitely see how someone screaming and running through a parking garage would be a little funny.

No comments: