Monday, July 14, 2008

Ok, this may be a first

2 days in a row! I have some more stories.

1. The reason I like big cities is that they always have really weird and/or interesting things going on. We went to the Hayward Gallery and they had an exhibit called Psycho Buildings. These were different artists perspectives on architecture. 2 of them were really cool. The first was this huge bubble. Like, the kind of bubble that the boy in bubble would be in, only a thousand times bigger. And people could go in it or on top of it. Now, the weird thing is that when we went, not many people were there. Anyone could go in the bubble, but they made you reach in this bag and pull out a colored ball. If you got the multi-colored ball you got to go on top. I drew a blue one. Now, I understand that if there were a ton of people then you wouldn't want everyone there, climbing on top of this huge bubble thing and possibly popping it but we were the ONLY 2 PEOPLE at this exhibit at the time. Why couldn't we just go up there? Because I had to go and draw a stupid blue ball (ha ha, I go the blue ball). The other exhibit was on the rood in this sunken garden they had. The artists had cleared out the garden and filled it with water. They had also made tiny wooden rowboats and put them in the water. Then, we got to go in the rowboats and row around the roof! So there I was, rowing around a roof, looking at London. Well, I suppose that technically I wasn't rowing, just kind of sitting but whatever.

2. So, one night we decide to go and have some drinks with some of his friends. Now, there are lots of cool areas in London and we were staying in this awesome little part where a lot of interesting people hung out - hipsters, trendy people, hippies, trannies. There they were, all mixed together and hanging out. Now, this crowd also had the tendency (as many interesting people do) to make me feel weird and out of place even though I don't think they're any better than me. Anyway, we go to this bar. It's tiny and dark and there are about 3 booths and a tiny bar. It's pretty much awesome. So, this girl starts dj'ing (I had no idea how to spell that, seeing that I don't use the word "dj" or any form of it very often) and these cool people are all singing and dancing and what do you think she was 'spinning' (is that right?)? Johnny-freakin-Cash. So I start feeling better because, I mean, hello! I'm from the land of country music. So, they should feel awkward and uncomfortable, not me. Boo-ya! After listening to the seriously awesome music she was playing (I have to admit it, really she was playing some great old music) we decide to go to this place called Cargo. To get there, you go down an alley and through a tiny door and there you are. Listening to a great 70's soul band. About this time is when we are all wasted, taking the most expensive shots ever (they weren't an expensive liquor, everything's just expensive there) and we decide that we are going to go to this place called the Russian Bar. When we go into the Russian Bar, my ears are assaulted by the worst Eurotrash techno ever. Thankfully, we were going downstairs. Where there was a stripper pole and even worse music than upstairs. Hooray! As I am sitting there, a huge black man walks out of the bathroom, looks at himself in the mirror, wipes his nose and then faux-punches himself in the mirror. That is the type I was at. It was great. Seriously. When will I ever see things like this? Keep Austin Weird? No no, keep London weird.

No comments: