Tuesday, March 20, 2012

when the cat's away

lp is gone on a business trip. i say "business" but he's not really in business, so i guess i just mean work trip. anyway, every time he leaves it's a time of reflection for me. this time, i've been reflecting on how great it is when he's here. here are 5 things that i need lp here for:

1. turning on music. i never remember when i'm here by myself. i think because i work with kids who talk ALL. DAY. LONG. that when i come home i can sit in silence for hours. but i don't really think it's good for me, nor do i really enjoy it.
2. making me stay up later. i will always stay up a little later when lp is home so that we can talk or just hang out. when i'm by myself it's bedtime at 915, just because i'm bored.
3. calming me down. i'm prone to bouts of freaking out and i will make up things that i "need" to do, when it can usually wait until another time.
4. playing with weebay. that dog loves his play time with papa and although i will take him on walks and play with him, lp is so great at wrestling around with him and getting some energy out.
5. cooking. i don't do it. last night i had cheese and hummus for dinner. bo-ring.

so i am so glad he'll be back soon. life will go back to normal and this house won't be so quiet and i'll have my both my boys home with me!!!

No comments: