Friday, March 4, 2011

they went to city hall and got married


the other weekend our good friends mike and kalinda got married! we're so happy for them and it was such a great wedding! of course, lp and i couldn't get away from work for long enough (and afford a hotel room for more than 2 nights) so it was a short trip. boooo! friday we got in and kristen and eric came to pick us up from the airport. lp and i ran up to get ready and met them downstairs to go to the rehearsal.
big k and me!
of course, our flight was so late that we missed the rehearsal, so we went straight to the dinner. it was so great to see everyone, and mainly to see our two dear friends so happy! i was the maid of honor and although you'd think i'd have 100 pics with the bride, i have none. i apologize for my lack of pics, but i was super busy taking care of stuff and bossing people around. anyway, the dinner was so fun!

me and eric (note my rockin' blue shoes!)
after the dinner, we all went to the w for a few drinks. i've been on champagne kick and luckily, my soul mate kristen was on board the champagne train, so we indulged a little at the w!

cheers!
after the w, we decided to meet more friends at another bar downtown. i finally had to say goodnight around 1, but we had fun talking, laughing and telling stories until then!

the malibu girls came around with shots (yuck!)


kristen and i had a photo shoot-here's me with my kewl malibu hat
this was my model pose
blue steel

the next day i made it to breakfast with the parents and then it was wedding stuff all day. i was so happy that i had the chance to be with one of my dearest friends on her big day (plus, i got to boss so many people around-which i LOVE). the wedding was so beautiful! it was on the balcony of the mayor's office at city hall and was absolutely perfect for the wedding. after the wedding, we headed downtown for the reception but were a little early so we ran over to the dizzy rooster for a quick drink. yeah, i said the dizzy rooster. home of 18 year olds, shots and dancing on bars. we were definitely the "old people" this night.

shots!

me and dacyl
me, eric and kristen (unfortunately you cannot see my shoes, which were gold, glitter, 5in stilletos. and awesome.)
glad i brought lp's groomsman gift-a flask
we (thankfully) had to leave for the reception and enjoyed sunglasses, hats, photo booths, open bar, friends and music!

kristen, eric, me, meghan (i was all about the thumbs up)
me and gabe
me and black kellie (don't get offended, that's her nickname!)
the reception shut down and of course having the friends i have, we all decided that we weren't ready to go home! so off to another location for more stories, laughs and drinks!

eric, me, ace
lp and i finally left, because our flight was at 9 am! agh! it was pretty miserable, but at least we were home at a decent time. it was a great weekend and a great wedding!!!

No comments: