Sunday, March 6, 2011

back in the swing of things

*warning:first post in a long time without pics. hope it's not too mundane.*

so here i am, finally writing about the things in my life and i gotta say, i've been pretty boring lately. this week i've been feeling "not so great" (i hate saying i'm sick, so this is my stock phrase) and it's made me have little pity parties for myself. the first thing i've realized is that i need it to get warmer here. i'm DYING for a glimmer of warmth (c'mon, i'm only asking for high 50's here!!) as i believe i may have S.A.D-you know, that thing that makes people get all mopey when it's cold and grey for too long. so spring, i'm calling you out of hiding in the NE. get your booty out here! second, i also need to start taking pictures again. in fact, the other night, lp and i were making a delicious dinner (spinach and cheese ravioli in a light tomato sauce with bread and some champagne) and i went to try to take some pics and my battery was dead! this means it has been too long since i've taken pics. i've also realized that i'm old (30 has hit me and i'm exhausted all the time) but i need to remember to still get out sometimes and enjoy the city even more. but really, i blame it all on the weather.

in other news, i've been working six days a week. financially- great move. mentally-worst. idea. ever. it's been draining and i'm constantly tired and i never have time to do anything and my friday nights are the same as my monday nights BUUUUUUUT-i made a lot of money. is it worth it? not for me. i originally did it because after africa, i knew i'd be broke and wanted to make up the money i spent (i'm really tight with money that i make!). what i forgot was that i've always valued my time, my friendships and my life experiences over money. i mean, would i have been doing what i do if i were in it for the money? so, lesson learned. i can hack a saturday here or there, but overall, working this much is not for me. in fact, i think i'm going to try and work friday mornings only starting this summer!

hope everyone has a healthy and happy week! i've decided to start doing a 'soundtrack' for some of my posts, like what i'm listening to at that moment or what songs are in my head or whatever. so today's soundtrack moment is a band called the morning benders and their album "big echo" - check it out, ya'll!

No comments: