Tuesday, February 9, 2010

UNCLE!!!

that's it. i give up. snow, you win. i'm calling uncle on this business you're throwing out. more snow- really? it snowed 28 inches this past weekend, effectively shutting down everything in the city. stores have food but no one to unpack and distribute so the aisles at the store look like a horror movie. people want to leave their house but can't shovel out to do anything. my gym opened on sunday and you can believe i've been there every day, after i hike over 2 feet tall walls of snow. yesterday, some of my kids actually came!!!(though not enough- i'm gonna be so broke) it was nice to get out, but it took me almost 2 hours to get to work!! and i was exhausted hiking through unshoveled sidewalks and unplowed roads. whew. through all of this though, i've found some things i never knew about myself and thought i'd share. if you're ever super bored, try some of them out

1. i can curl my hair, but i cannot put on fake eyelashes
2. i can shovel, but not enough to get my car out from under 2 feet of snow
3. i can cook, but i cannot do it without burning myself or the food at least once
4. i can do my taxes, but not without the help of my aunt
5. i can clean my house, but i cannot do it all at once
6. i can listen to the solid gold oldies music channel for hours, but i cannot stand the dance/electronica station
7. i will get out and walk for an hour to get to a bar to meet my friends, but i will not get out and walk for an hour to get to a store
8. i will eat the same thing for lunch everyday, but will still not eat meat
9. i will watch 10 episodes of star trek or the twilight zone, but i will not turn on the news (except to look for closings) for days

as you can see, i'm extremely bored. it is miserable sitting in your house, but wandering around in the gross snow and blizzardy stuff is even worse. any suggestions of things i should try to keep myself entertained, let me know!

No comments: