Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It looked like spilled milk. Or ringworm.

I had a lovely morning yesterday- you know, the kind where you hit the snooze button too many times and jump up thinking of all the things that need to be done while stressing about how late you are? That's the kind. As I am drying my hair (with a quickness) I always hold it while it's on between my knees instead of turning it on and off and on and off and on and off and yada yada yada. I go to jam it between the knees and it instead goes directly onto my thigh. Yes, my sweet little thigh who does so much for me everyday, carrying me around, running faster, climbing stairs was subjected to the most intese heat of it's life. On the end of the hairdryer the nozzle has a metal grid-looking thing, which heats up REALLY hot when it's on. When this connected with my poor thigh, it burned it. And it hurt. But I didn't really see anything so I thought I got lucky and it would be ok. When I got in the car, my leg was still hurting. I lift my dress and - ta da! - there is a lovely burn. In the shape of the nozzle. Which is a circle. So what does it look like? Um-hm, ringworm. With some horizontal lines around the circle. I am a dummy.

No comments: