Thursday, February 23, 2012

working on my fitness

(this is how i picture myself running in the mornings)


the weather has been crazy warm this winter and it's really helped in keeping me on track health-wise. now, i'm not going to say i have the perfect body by any means, but i think i'm keeping it together for a 31 year old. there are a few things lately that have really seemed to help me drop a couple of pounds and feel great:

1. myfitnesspal: this is an app you can get that helps you track how many calories you eat, how many calories you burn from exercise and how much you should be eating to lose any lbs you want gone. i've never in my life counted calories, but getting older has made me come to the harsh realization that i'm not only going to have to work out,
but i can't eat like i used to. boooooo. one of the best things is that you can follow your friends and help motivate them (or vice versa!) via the website. if you join, find me "megcmoore"

2. breakfast: i've always eaten breakfast. always. i'm definitely really hungry in the mornings and afternoons and then barely hungry at night, so i've always chowed on breakfast. i have run the gamut on breakfast foods: cereal, muffins, eggs, oatmeal, waffles, etc. lately i think i've found the perfect combo to fill me up and keep me full for a while- 2 egg whites, one egg and a morningstar "sausage" patty. if you don't like soy meats, let me just say to try this one. lp tried it and he even likes it. today he told me it actually smelled like rea
l sausage in our house. haha-gotcha!

3. snacks: for the past ten years or so, i've been what my mom calls "a grazer." i prefer snacks to meals, apps to entrees, tapas to 10 course meals- you get the picture. some favorite snacks are:
-veggies and hummus: i really like this caramelized onion hummus because it almost tastes like a french onion dip. yum.
-trader joes dried fruit bars: so good, all natural and no extra sugar
-lower sugar oatmeal
-laughing cow cheese
-apples and pb (really just plain peanut butter will do it for me too)
4. yoga: i was doing a ton of yoga for a while but now that weebay is here, it's hard for me to leave him. i've started doing 30 minute yoga videos that i found on demand from our direct tv service, but i'm about to order these dvds. my yoga instructor that i LOVE got me into power yoga, which he based from baron baptiste's power yoga. i'm gonna check it out and let you know how it goes!!

No comments: