Thursday, November 24, 2011

count your blessings

on the christmas station this morning (don't judge, been listening to it for a week) they played a little ditty by barry manilow called 'count your blessings' and it made me actually start to count my blessings. i have to admit, for as stressed as i get about money or lp being gone or whatever, i'm super blessed. here are a few of my blessings:

1. in two weeks, lp will be home. we've definitely had our fair share of being separated. i mean, when he was in grad school IN LONDON we only saw each other like every six months. this time has been a lot harder, i think because i'm so used to him being here everyday to make me laugh and hug me and make me feel good. but, i'm blessed because at least he's coming home. i do realize that some people have a significant other leave who doesn't make it back, so there's a blessing in his coming home. in two weeks.

2. my family. they are really pulling out the stops these days. my mom sent me flowers, two cards and called several times on my birthday to make sure it was a good one. she also always calls me (or picks up if i call her). kenny has sent me a card for every little holiday in the past two months to cheer me up. mark flew me to st louis to visit one weekend. i'm so lucky to have a great family.

3. our house. we've been so fortunate to find an adorable home with plenty of space for us. plus, it has a backyard and a fireplace, which are now 2 of my most prized possessions.

4. i have a job. enough said.

5. i have some really great friends. friends who send me cards, skype to see my face, take me out to cheer me up, come over to sit with me and generally just are badasses.

hope that you're all blessed and able to give thanks today for those blessings!!!

No comments: