Friday, January 29, 2010

Call me a big nerd

Well, my computer is dead. i am now typing to you all on a macbook. woo. i have gotten so many comments already on how much people love their macs, and mac is so great, and i will just absolutely love my mac and i won't ever be able to live without it. um, ok. i got this mac and let me just let everyone know a few things. first, macs are expensive. i don't like that. second, macs are bossy. they don't let me do all the things i need to do on a computer. many things are not compatible with mac and mac likes you to buy their stuff instead of just making their computer compatible with the things everyone uses. for example, my copy of microsoft office, my rhapsody player and some of my documents. anything else in the world that was like this would infuriate people but mac has done an awesome job of branding. which brings me to my third complaint. the apple people are DORKS. i mean, while i was buying my computer, half the employees were standing around checking their iphones and talking about the ipad. GET A LIFE!! these people were geeking out about how awesome their pieces of technology were. i feel like a big sell out with this mac. i don't know if i think apple is the "coolest" thing and i actually hate when people tell me how awesome their iphone/ipod/mac is because honestly, i just don't believe it. but i've got this thing and it's doing well so far.

on another note, going vegan is going great!! i was kind of dreading it (because i adore cheese so much!), but i swear i have so much more energy and i feel so great. now, don't get me wrong, i am not a person who is doing this because i care so much about animals that i don't want to eat them. i don't care about that at all. and believe me, if i'm going out to eat with friends or when i go to rome with lp or whatever, i will eat cheese and meat and eggs. just wanted that out there. BUT, for the most part, i feel so good that i think i'll be a vegan most of the time. i have always hated touching raw meat (which is why lp always cooked!), so i'm cooking more. my stomach used to feel really full and like it wasn't digesting my food correctly and i'd burp all the time, but that never happens anymore. my tummy feels wonderful. i think i've lost a little weight. but most of all, the food is really good! this book that i read that started me on it all is great for people who think that vegan will be bland and not taste very good. so wrong!!! i've made delicious portabella burgers with sweet potato fries, great stir fries, delicious hummus sandwiches and tomorrow i'm attempting a meatloaf (made from tofu).

so, that's my updates from the homefront. lp is in africa now, so i'm back to blogging because i have a ton of time! it's supposed to snow (again) tomorrow, so i'll be hanging out at the house doing job stuff all day. i am so exciting! ha ha!!!

1 comment:

Kalinda said...

I love my iPhone, but it is a PAIN IN MY ASS. I'm on my 4th one...in just over a year. Sometimes, I consider back to a blackberry...but then I remember how awesome the thing is when it works for me, and I love it all over again.

I opted for a new computer and went cheap over cool. Your post made me feel better about not getting a mac...but tell me if you love it enough that I should!!!