Monday, June 29, 2009

When the Whiteheads came to town

After the wedding in Carmel, the Whiteheads rode home with us to stay for a few days in San Francisco. It was a beautiful day and they wanted to hit up Golden Gate Park to see what was going on there. Lucky for us, the Haight Festival was going on that weekend. This means the park was PACKED.

These awesome people brought a parachute. They would lift it up, run under it and sit there until it deflated. Repeat. A million times. It was ridiculous.
Whitey's cousin came up from Berkley to hang out with them for a while.

Biggest drum circle in the world.

LP, Erin, Aaron



Me and my baby!
Erin did a little jump and twirl in the street for me. I was very entertained.



Monday, we decided to head over to the Aquarium on the Bay. It was pretty cool, although, after visiting the Sydney Aquarium, everything else pales in comparison. Humph! Ha ha!! These are anchovies- all they do is swim in circles around and around and around.

Our favorite crab. He was pink and fluffy.


Jellyfish! I LOVE looking at jellyfish (in a tank). In fact, I think if I were to have fish, I would totally want jellyfish. They are fascinating to watch as they just blob around up and down, side to side. I like these 2 pictures of them and I just used my point and shoot camera.



We were clearly all entranced by their jellyfishness.
Cool thing at this aquarium: they let you pet a stingray and leopard shark! I was slightly scared of petting them, but when I leaned over the ray, he swam closer, wiggled back and forth and kind of jumped out of the water! How could I not pet him?!?!? Plus, all these little punks were just petting everything like they weren't scared of anything and one of their moms told me to pet it or I'd regret it. So I listened to her. She sounded sensible, like my mom.


Tree frogs-they were so tiny!


The answer? 200 times a day.

We were going to a Giants game that night and I wanted a hat at the game. Luckily, Whitey's "inner Costanza" made him tell me to buy it at the hat store we were passing so it was cheaper. So smart! But first, we had to try some hats on:





After, we went to see the sea lions. This was the first time I was to see them. In the following 2 weeks I would see them 3 more times.



The Federal Reserve



That night, it was on to the game!!! We bought tickets from a man on the street. They were awesome seats. If you like to sit at the very top of a stadium.



I have been wanting a foam finger for a while now. Luckily, someone else already had one that they let me borrow for a minute.



LP and Meg


Mr and Mrs Whitehead


HOUSTON!!!!







Mmmmmm, cotton candy!


GO GIANTS!!! After game drink


It was a long and exhausting weekend/beginning of the week, but we had fun. Little did I know that it was only the beginning because Eric came that Thursday and then Kalinda and Mike came this past weekend. Whew!

No comments: